Sometimes I wish I could take pictures of Juliet and I ... one thing is for sure, we'd have some pretty comical pictures! Last night was such an occasion. She was doing her normal fussy thing after she'd eaten at 11pm. I'd tried putting her down, but she wasn't having that, so we were walking around, she was crying and sleeping on and off. I went to re-start the dryer cause I had some laundry going and just like magic she stopped crying, so we hung out in the laundry room and she fell asleep in like 3 minutes! Well, given that putting her down had already failed once and that for the last 4 nights she's decided that it's not cool to sleep without someone holding her until after midnight, I figured it would be good idea just to stay in there ... so I went and got a chair and we sat listening to the hum of the dryer.
I'm not sure how much time had passed (we don't have a clock in our laundry room) before I started to get curious ... would she sleep without being held with the dryer sound? We have an extra bassinet out in our living room and I contemplated dragging it in just to try ... it just seemed so ridiculous - me and her, a bassinet and chair in the laundry room for the night! How desperate have I become?
Well, as you probably suspected, my curiousity got the best of me and I'm glad it did. Bassinet + dryer = 3 hrs sleep! For her anyways ... the chair didn't make for great sleep for me ;-)
So, this may be a possible solution to the wanting to be held while sleeping preference she's developed over the last couple days. I guess I should be glad I've found something that works this soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment