Monday, June 9, 2008

the d-sch phenomenon

Well, since being pregnant, I've had a lot of people ask if we're going to continue the "D" tradition for the baby's name ... I come from a family of 6 D's, married a D, and to some it just seems logical to continue the madness ... well, not to disappoint anyone, but no, we're not planning on it.

Anyways, the name of our baby isn't even the reason for this post. The reason for this post is the exciting news of my sister Danielle's engagement this past weekend. I could talk here about the fact that it's weird that my little sister is getting married, but I won't do that right now ...

So, she got engaged to David. Yes, a D (so you're already thinking that's a little crazy), but even more specifically David Scherer - that's "Sch-erer."

For those of you who aren't following, my maiden name is Scheuerman and I married Dominic Schulte ... so, from the beginning -- Dane and Donna Scheuerman have four daughters: Dawn, Danielle, Diane, and Debra. Dawn married Dominic Schulte and Danielle is now going to marry David Scherer. So, does this narrow down the pool of potential husbands for Diane and Debra? Do Dominic and I need to continue the D tradition even though that's currently not the plan?

Back to the engagement. The surprise proposal took place at - well technically during - my sisters' dance recital. Danielle teaches and the other two were dancing. After Danielle's little girls performed, she came on stage to usher a little girl off stage (who had been told to sit down on the stage after the dance was over), and then David came out for the proposal ... video and pictures of the cute couple are below.



David & Danielle


David, Danielle, and Miss Debbie (she was in on the whole thing!)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

loved the post! It made me cry and sure does bring back memories!! What a sweet keepsake to have for the rest of their lives...a video of their engagement! We are keeping up with the blog to see if you have a little boy or girl :) It will be amazing!!
Love, the Clarkes

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie