I've experienced a similar phenomenon with all the babies being born lately. It seems that watching our friends enter into the awesome realm of parenthood with their sweet tiny little babies has me reminiscing about our first days and weeks with Juliet. I think back to the first time our eyes met, the rush of emotions I felt over the first days and weeks, the tears, the joy, the thousands of ways our lives have changed over the past 8 months. It makes me want to squeeze her, knowing that so much has happened in such a short time and all we have is the memories moving forward as we can't get those days back. I'm comforted by the honesty of our friends as they share similar experiences and feelings - it's nice to know what we went through was totally normal! And I'm thankful. Thankful that we've been there done that and lived to tell about it!
Something about having survived the newborn stage and watching other people go through it just makes me smile. Not in a mean way ... I'm just happy it's not me ... and happy I have my VERY grown up 8 month old to cuddle and giggle with!
I love Juliet and what our family has become and is becoming because of her. I'm learning more and more to cherish each day God blesses us with.
So, I now introduce you to the little babies that have been born lately. Juliet's new friends!!
William David Tanner born January 7th
Addison Grace Slockers born February 3rd
Gabriel Cole Pollet born February 15th
Reid William McFarland born February 20th

Aren't they the sweetest bunch of newborn cuteness you've ever seen!!! I love them and can't wait to kiss on the ones I have yet to meet :) Congratulations to the new (or relatively new) parents!


No comments:
Post a Comment