Ella Mae tagged Juliet ...
The rules: Link to the person who tagged you, mention the rules, tell six quirky, yet boring unspectacular things about yourself, tag six other bloggers by linking to them, and then go to each person's blog and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged. (I think I will just list them at the bottom and leave it at that. If they see it, great.)
1. Juliet doesn't have any birthmarks, but does have little bumps on the back of each ear. I don't know how to describe them really, you wouldn't even notice them unless you actually felt the back of her ears. The crazy thing is that her dad and aunt Annie have them as well! They've always joked that the bumps allow them to communicate with each other ... I guess now Juliet is in the club!
2. Juliet loves the mobile hanging over her changing station. She loves it so much that we probably spend at least an hour every day standing next to the changing table so she can stare at her mobile "friend" and coo and smile at it. In the evenings, she can be fussy and in a full out cry, and stop almost immediately when you lay her down beneath that thing. I'm not going to lie, Dominic and I just don't get it. Grandma said "it's her favorite place in the whole world" ... while she hasn't been very many places in the last 74 days, this seems to be true so far!
About the mobile: I had read somewhere that kids like to have something to look at while that have their diaper changed so set out to create just that. I wanted something like the Wimmer Ferguson one, but needed something that I could hang from the ceiling. I ended up buying the wire skeleton from Wee Gallery and printing off pictures from another site (gotta love the internet!). I like the pictures Wee Gallery sells, but don't like that they don't face down for the baby to look at. Plus, the internet ones are free! I plan to make different pictures and change them out on occasion too just for something different.
3. Dominic and I may have a nick name problem. Juliet's big dog-brother Charlie has like a million names ... ok maybe a hundred ... anyways ... Juliet already has a few including Baby J, Sugar Bear (only mommy can use this one), and Dominic's newest creation, Ju Ju Bean.
4. Juliet has a prominent vein on the bridge of her nose. It's the shape of a sideways squiggly "U".
5. Yeah, she's young, but not too young to earn her keep! That's right, Juliet is a working girl. As of Monday, the 3 of us are working at True Digital Security. No, you won't find her listed on the website, but she's doing very important things ... practically running the place already! So, she's actually just coming in with me part time, but I'm sure we'll have her behind a computer in no time (I can't believe I just typed that!).
6. The hair atop Juliet's precious head could be the topic of an entire blog post. She was born with a full head of dark hair. Everyone who sees her comments on her hair and then tells me that it will probably all fall out ... why do people say things like that?! ... anyways, it hasn't and seeing as she doesn't even have a bald spot on the back of her head and it's growing like crazy I think her hair is here to stay!
The even more interesting fact about Juliet's hair is that it's coming in blond. So, it's dark at the ends and very light at the roots. Right now there's enough dark on top that you can't tell too much, but I'm afraid it's going to look pretty funny as it grows out. I'm planning a haircut soon because the long part in the back is driving me crazy - especially when she spits up and it gets in her hair, but haven't done it yet cause I don't know what to do: Trim the back into a bob and let her have dark tips on the ends as it grows out? Cut the dark off all over?
Juliet tags: James & Ryan, Lelia, Julia, Victoria, Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment