So, I'm in the process of registering, but decided that I should put out a request for input on the most useful and/or waste-of-money baby items out there ... any help is greatly appreciated!
Most useful: Baby Bargains book by Denise Fields. It combines Consumer Reports, Mom tested, and her personal reviews of baby stuff. I read it from cover to cover. Waste-of-money: Gerber (or the like) receiving blankets. They are not big enough to swaddle tightly. I occasionally used them to cover Molly's legs, or cover up while nursing, but that was about it.
Onesies are very useful, as newborns poop out (and up) the sides of their clothes quite often at first. You would probably get a lot of use out of 0-3 and 3-6 mos ones. Of course you'll probably need some newborn ones too!
My FAVORITE present that I got was a Boppy pillow that you can use for breast/bottle feeding and for propping your little one up. I know they are available at Target/Babies R Us. It is also helpful to have a washable cover for it, as they sometimes spit up!
3 comments:
Most useful: Baby Bargains book by Denise Fields. It combines Consumer Reports, Mom tested, and her personal reviews of baby stuff. I read it from cover to cover.
Waste-of-money: Gerber (or the like) receiving blankets. They are not big enough to swaddle tightly. I occasionally used them to cover Molly's legs, or cover up while nursing, but that was about it.
Onesies are very useful, as newborns poop out (and up) the sides of their clothes quite often at first. You would probably get a lot of use out of 0-3 and 3-6 mos ones. Of course you'll probably need some newborn ones too!
My FAVORITE present that I got was a Boppy pillow that you can use for breast/bottle feeding and for propping your little one up. I know they are available at Target/Babies R Us. It is also helpful to have a washable cover for it, as they sometimes spit up!
Jen, any recommendations on what blankets are big enough for swaddling?
Bethany, I'm jealous that you can buy pink and purple onsies instead of yellow and green ones!
Post a Comment